Sunday, June 22, 2008

I jumped on the bandwagon and bumped my knee...

Hello family. I know this has taken a long time to create. I'm counting since I got to Iraq, but you may be counting longer. Let's agree to disagree. This is largely created because of peer pressure. No, I'm kidding. I felt it was time because I am going through a unique experience, and while we are keeping in touch in other ways, this felt appropriate since it seems the place I can catch up on all of your lives. For instance, I only know how Sarah's summer is going because of her entries. I also know that Elise, Kirsti, and Emily have been on vacation because I have yet to see a recent entry from them. Although Emily is leagues better at posting. So, it further lets me know that Elise doesn't have her own computer and Kirsti spends her time looking at Federer fansites.

So, this way you guys will know pretty instantly when I'm having a bad day, or good day, or want to vent about how the small healthy options section at the DFAC never, ever changes their entree choices. Seriously, I like the baked chicken now, but it is going to get old. And I'm scared of their alternate, the baked fish. No fish should be shaped like that.

I hope to get some pix on here by next week. My computer is being frustrating and I think my free security stuff isn't doing it's job, so I may have to shell out some dough for official protection.

Anywho, I hope I didn't join too late and you all can work me into the familial community. Plus, by creating this, I now can comment on your blogs!!! Be prepared for some heavy judgement and passive-aggressive remarks. It's what I do.

Love you all,
Beckie

9 comments:

Steve said...

Awesome to have you in the Lambson blogger community. It made me laugh, cry, and miss you a whole lot more. Can't wait to see some pics.

And I'm interested in seeing whether you become a comment miser like the rest of us.

Love you, Beezo!

Emily S. said...

Well HELLO, sista'!

I have a long email all composed in my mind... but it has yet to make it onto the screen. So we BOTH get to wait!!

I'm looking forward not only to your scathing commentary on MY blogs, but your own scathing entries on this blog. It will be good.

Love you!!

Emily S. said...

And I LOVE the title, by the way.
Seems you have LOTS of time to hone your wit over there.

Kirsti said...

Um, Federer? Excuse me, he's good and all, but my current obsession is Novak Djokovic. He's gonna dominate now! YEAH!

Love ya and I'm glad you have a blog now.

Sarah Lambson said...

YAY!

Thats all I got.

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

what's with the strange word you have to re-type in order to submit a comment? Do we really need security for blogging?

Anyway, I am delighted to have one more way to have contact with my favorite fourth daughter....

Julina said...

Can I share this with my coworker who, I swear, is more worried about you than I am - maybe not more worried than mom, but...

So does this make me the lone hold-out among the siblings...?

Sigh.

But I'm glad to hear from you anyway...

Love you

Tamara said...

I love technology...but NOT as much as I love you, you see.....(isn't that from N.Dynamite???)

ANYHOO...I thought I was being funny, but going back, it prolly ain't THAT funny. Summer school is LONG and I ain't got much to say....so here goes nuttin...

Welcome to blogging. I know you hate email (or so says your name), but maybe this will be better. It gets easier, trust me. And I hope, too...that you don't take a liking to the fish soon. I'm rootin' for ya as long as you can manage to stay fishless over there....sounds kinda crazy!

Peeser said...

though due to lots of travel and sporadic internet access, i have been out of the loop for awhile, i am nonetheless happy to see that you have started a blog...

while i am excited that this will keep us updated on how you are doing, i have come to see that blogging, like most journal-type mediums, really comes to benefit the writer more than anyone else because it is a way to reflect on your own way of thinking and expressing yourself.

maybe i say that just because whatever i write, it generally doesn't spark enough interest for people to actually comment. as such, i have learned to just accept that and simply write for myself. if people want to respond, great- i will gladly read whatever they have to share. but if no one responds, oh well. i still got the benefit of writing.

of course, you are far more entertaining and thought-provoking than i am, so you will probably have more luck.

whatever the case, i will simply end this epic comment by saying i am glad you are adjusting fairly well, i miss you, and i look forward to future posts and e-mails to keep us up to date.

love ya.