Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blog Survey I've been wanting to do.





A. Attached or Single? Single and lovin' every minute of it. I'm saving myself for Hugh Jackman.

B. Best Friend? Well, I have a number of bessie's, but my best friend, the one who puts up with so much of my crap I can't believe we are still friends, Kyle.

C. Cake or Pie? Cake, easily. Especially of the cupcake, german chocolate, or ice cream variety. I like pot pie, does that count?

D. Day of choice? Thursday's. This favoritism comes from when I was still in school, and Thursdays were when you began eagerly anticipating the weekend as you hadn't wasted it yet, plus, ER was on Thursdays and I used to love that show. No phone calls were allowed while I watched it. Now Lost is my no phone-call show.

E. Essential Item? Laptop. I couldn't survive Iraq without it. It's my lifeline.

F. Favorite Color? Navy blue, b/c I look good in navy and I love nautical everything. I was a sailor in another life.

G. Gummy Bears or Worms? Bears. I can't eat the worms b/c it grosses me out. I think of that book that was popular when I was a kid "How to Eat Fried Worms" and I get queasy.


H. Hometown? Columbia. I loved living away from it because driving home to it was great. Especially when Elise and I would drive home from Maryville for the holidays. We would put on Christmas songs and just simmer in our excitement.

I. Indulgence? Amazon.com. I love it. I've gotten way too many books considering this is a temporary residence. I go on there every day to drool over more books. I have a stack waiting in my "to be bought later" section, and add at least another one every day.

J. January or July? January. I like the bleakness of it. I hate driving in winter, but if I could take that part out, I would be a winter convert. Even horrible February. Sometimes a good month of festering in misery is a nice change of pace, and it makes spring all the better.
K. Kids? I plan to have dogs. I'll let you know about the kids thing later. (My 3 dream dogs)...

L. Life is not complete without? Laughter. What a dull existence life would be without a belly laugh to get you through.

M. Marriage Date?Kyle was my date to the last marriage I went to. But where was he during the conga line dance? Eh? I made do.
(Us at the wedding reception)

N. Number of Brothers and Sisters? More than can fit in a
breadbox.

O. Oranges or Apples? Neither in the form of juice. Grape.

P. Phobias? Open heights and house fires. Get the heebee-jeebies just thinking about them.

Q. Quotes? "We have nothing to fear, but another Great Depression." -Stephen Colbert misquoting FDR.
R. Reasons to smile? Vacations, Scrubs, family, friends, cupcakes, sloppy joes, Gap camisoles, books, packages while living Iraq, sleeping in, air conditioning, cool breezes, movie theatres, new socks, daffodils, baby animals, driving with the windows down while singing along with Bon Jovi, Tina Turner, or the Dixie Chicks.

S. Season of Choice? Spring or Autumn. I love the one I'm with.

T. Tag some peeps! Lame...whoever came up with this survey couldn't come up with a T category.

U. Unknown Fact about Me? I've never won a game of Trivial Pursuit, but that will never stop me from playing it or forcing others to play it with me. One day, TP, one day. Oh, and I dream of being best friends with either Kathy Griffin.

V. Vegetable? Hmmm, I really like spinach. Both raw and cooked.

W. Worst Habits? Chewing my fingers, talking too loud, eating mindlessly while watching anything, grocery shopping when hungry (suddenly a 15$ trip becomes a 75$ trip),

X. X-Ray or Ultrasound? Um, ultrasound would mean I'm either preggers or have a tumor...so clearly X-Ray.

Y. Your favorite food? Sloppy Joes (Lambson recipe only), chocolate, bbq chicken pizza, bread of all kinds (well, except raisen bread), potatoes of all kind, pizza rolls, mexican (but no pico de gallo), eggplant parmesan, burgers, grinders chicken salad, peanut m&m's
.Z. Zodiac Sign? Aries. I'm as stubborn as a ram, so it makes a lot of sense. Though I don't believe most of this zodiac mumbo jumbo, I still love to read it.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Just a few lil comments....I too hate going grocery shopping on a empty stomach...I buy WAY too much and end up packing on the pounds (but it's always a fun lil journey!). Love the picture of you and Kyle at the wedding reception...and the witty comment about the Conga line...ha ha ha! Cute post! And thanks for the colorfulness. Just adds to the lovely background you've chosen! :)

Peeser said...

This was so fun to read- I just kept chuckling my way through it...

(and if I hadn't already had my cheesy "gospel" answer ready for the whole Life is not complete without..., I think laughter would have been right there. I agree that without true laughter- especially those long belly laughs- life would be pretty bleak and/or boring.)

Emily S. said...

love how sassy you look n the reception pic! And love your answers...Those "dream dogs" are SO cute/cool/awesome...

Um. Apparently I'm LAME today, as my comment cannot get any better than this.

Embarrassing.