Saturday, November 29, 2008

What I'm Thankful For...


Well, now that everyone has another years Thanksgiving under their belts, I thought it would be a good time to list the things I'm thankful for:

-Good health for me and my family
-online companies that ship to APO addresses (Thank you Amazon, Target, drugstore.com, etc.)
-The blogosphere which helps me know what's going on in your lives
-Being in a place where our bombing drills are filled with laughter and a casual attitude b/c we have yet to see a serious threat (this happened yesterday...half the people didn't don their gear and we just stood around our bunkers shooting the breeze)
-Meat-wiches. A term coined by me and my extreme love of meat on bread...no condiments or cheese or anything but meat and bread (preferably rolls). That and cold cereal are the staples of my Iraqi diet.
-The new season of Lost coming up. You all know it's going to be good. Here's a link to a my favorite promo for it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODT_9NX2h9o&NR=1
-being almost at my halfway point for my time here
-mail...any kind, all kinds, I've never loved the postal system more
-digital camera's...how else could I take pictures, but more importantly, get the latest pictures of Noah with just a simple click of a button?
-My REI coat that is indeed water-repelling and wonderful.
-Jeans that are too long for me.
-my vivid imagination. It keeps me quite entertained, even if it dips into morbid territory every now and then.
-my laptop. I know I've thanked her before, as well as cursed her, but without this sucker, I would be adrift in a sea of dust and guns.
-all of you.

Well, that's sappy and pointless enough to make the perfect holiday list. Hope all your weekends are going well. I miss you and love you all.

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

love you back! That's a really remarkable list, seeing as you are in a very easy place to be UNgrateful... so props to you and your upbeat attitude!!

:) :) :)